Chicken Pot Stickers

This is a fun and tasty recipe to make. I used leftover roasted chicken breast tonight but you can also use ground pork or ground chicken. I have always been intimidated by cooking Asian food but I have finally gotten this recipe down. It’s fun to make and the kids have a lot of fun helping. My dipping sauce of choice is a sweet chili sauce but it’s too spicy for the kids so I make a soy dipping sauce too. I usually serve with an Asian Noodle Salad and fresh steamed broccoli. It’s a delicious and healthy meal that my kids really enjoy – especially my daughter.

Dipping Sauce:

• 2 cups roasted chicken breast, diced
  • 2 green onions, diced
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp corn starch
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
  • Pot sticker wraps
  • 1 tbsp olive oil (for cooking)

Boil the water and pour over the sliced cabbage to soften. Drain excess water from the cabbage and put into mixer. Add chicken, green onions, garlic, corn starch, soy sauce, sesame oil, sea salt and pepper. Pulse mixer until thoroughly combined (it’s not pretty but it tastes good). Taste and re-season if needed.

Spread out the pot sticker wraps and scoop a small teaspoon full of filling onto the center of each wrap. Wet the top of each pot sticker wrap with a baster brush dipped in water.

Fold the pot sticker to make a moon shape and pinch shut with 3 to 4 pleats along the side. Really make sure they are sealed, so the filling doesn’t fall out.

Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan . Once hot, add 12 pot stickers and cook until the bottoms are golden brown. Add 1/2 cup of water and cover with a lid. Steam for 4 minutes. Repeat with the remainder of pot stickers. Remove from heat and serve with a dipping sauce (or two).

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

44 Responses to “Chicken Pot Stickers”

Ning — September 24, 2008 @ 7:18 am

My kids love potstickers, too! They also prefer the soy dipping sauce. :) My soy dipping sauce has added grated fresh ginger. You can try it to see if you will like the added flavor. :)

Holly — September 24, 2008 @ 11:59 am

Can you freeze these?

~Priscilla~ — September 24, 2008 @ 12:10 pm

wow, these look delicious!! i would love these.

Amanda — September 24, 2008 @ 12:52 pm

Ohhh these look wonderful! You have such great lighting in your kitchen, I wish mine was like that. Makes for fabulous photos!

hot garlic — September 24, 2008 @ 1:22 pm

Oh no, you’ve really done it this time! You have no idea how much I love potstickers! Since we lived in Asia for so long, I never really had to make them and have never tried. I really would love to though, I’m sure I will HAVE to try this when I get two seconds! They look so tasty girl!

Pam — September 24, 2008 @ 1:34 pm

Holly,

I am sure you can freeze them (we just never have leftovers). I would freeze them on a baking sheet first and then throw them in a freezer bag once they are frozen.

Happy cook — September 24, 2008 @ 1:35 pm

Wow superb.
    Looks so delicious.
    I just want to pick them up and eat it.

Maria — September 24, 2008 @ 1:40 pm

Potstickers have been our list for awhile. We really do need to make them. Yours look fab!!

EAT! — September 24, 2008 @ 1:56 pm

I made potstickers a couple times – they are so much tastier than the store bought ones. Maybe I’ll drag that package of wonton wrappers from the freezer and make them.

Kelly — September 24, 2008 @ 2:49 pm

I’ve never seen potsticker wrappers at our store, but I will be on the lookout now! These look great!

Paula — September 24, 2008 @ 3:03 pm

I absolutely, positively adore potstickers. Your step by step photos and instructions are so helpful, and how great that your kids participated in making them! The color on yours is just perfect, and I like both of the sauces you served with them! It’s almost 8:00 am, and I’m craving potstickers for breakfast! YUM!

Live.Love.Eat — September 24, 2008 @ 3:20 pm

Wow, these look delicious. I make a different version of these but I am so making these next time. They look beautiful!!!!! Here is mine if you’re interested and you can use chicken instead of course.

Cheryl — September 24, 2008 @ 3:23 pm

Pam you have outdone yourself on this one, beautiful photos and they look amazing!

HoneyB — September 24, 2008 @ 3:47 pm

Pam, you make it look so easy! They look delicious!

Laurie — September 24, 2008 @ 3:57 pm

Pam these look so yummy and easy! Great post and recipe.. thanks for sharing!!

Jason — September 24, 2008 @ 4:10 pm

These look really good. I’ve never made pot stickers before, but I think I need to.

Adam — September 24, 2008 @ 4:45 pm

Pam’s potstickers… that has quite a good ring to it, doesn’t it?

I like the dipping sauces, I can tell your kids were super happy. I would be :)

Bethie — September 24, 2008 @ 6:02 pm

This looks easy and soooo yummy. I have enjoyed exploring your blog. Thank you for sharing.

The Blonde Duck — September 24, 2008 @ 6:18 pm

Oh wow! Those look really cool! I’d love to try those.

Hillary — September 24, 2008 @ 7:55 pm

Those step by step photos are beautiful! It’s refreshing to see a recipe for chicken potstickers, as I don’t eat pork potstickers. Thanks!

Marjie — September 24, 2008 @ 8:12 pm

It’s great that your kids can help! These look like they were fun for them!

Emily — September 24, 2008 @ 8:17 pm

Oh I love potstickers! These look better than any that I have had at restaurants! Yum-E!

MaryBeth — September 24, 2008 @ 10:53 pm

Yummo…We totally love pot stickers in our house.

NuKiwi — September 25, 2008 @ 12:58 am

Gosh, I haven’t made these in a while! I always seem to use ground pork but I like the idea of using the leftover chicken. Hmmm…

Lisa — September 25, 2008 @ 1:30 am

These look wonderful! And I have some wraps in the freezer waiting to be used.

Girl Japan — September 25, 2008 @ 3:05 am

WOW, you did a fab job!!!! My husband loves Gyoza.. I like all sorts, veggie, pork, chicken but my favorite was spinach (the skin)with lamp… oh just savory.

Jan — September 25, 2008 @ 4:59 am

Golly gosh, Pam they look fab, I love pot stickers. I’ve never seen pot sticker wraps in my local store, mind you we don’t get much of anything in the back of beyond.

Nina Timm — September 25, 2008 @ 8:30 am

This photo just jumped out at me on Foodgawker…..I am going on a short vacation and I am taking this recipe with……maybe I can make this one night!!!!

Lindsey — September 25, 2008 @ 5:36 pm

Yum, yum, yum, I LOVE potstickers! I have to try these!

haleysuzanne — September 26, 2008 @ 11:21 am

These look great! I’d love to see your recipe for the chili dipping sauce; I usually make one with soy, but sometimes I want more spice.

CookingKatie — September 26, 2008 @ 3:48 pm

Potstickers eh? I’ve spent hours in the kitchen with my better half’s mother making a pork version of these dumplings, so tasty, but I can never resist frying them :)

Will have to try the chicken variety, and call them ‘potstickers’ from now on :D

Tami — September 27, 2008 @ 3:31 pm

These look delicious. I know that my family would really enjoy them.

Colleen — September 30, 2008 @ 1:51 pm

These look great – and easy enough to make thanks to your instructions!

bec — October 6, 2008 @ 10:56 pm

I have been looking and looking for a yummy potsticker recipe, and it looks like I finally found one! Thank you!

Tiffany — March 2, 2012 @ 6:40 pm

I saw these on Pinterest and HAD to come take a look. Why didnt I find your site back in January when I had my Chinese New Year party. These would have been perfect. Looks like I need to have another party :) these look soo yummalicious.

Asian Inspiration | Pearltrees — March 4, 2012 @ 8:38 pm

[...] I used leftover roasted chicken breast tonight but you can also use ground pork or ground chicken. I have always been intimidated by cooking Asian food but I have finally gotten this recipe down. It’s fun to make and the kids have a lot of fun helping. For the Love of Cooking » Chicken Pot Stickers [...]

Grant — March 7, 2012 @ 7:41 pm

I was just wondering where/ do you make your sweet chili sauce. Thanks for your help!

jessyca Campos — August 9, 2012 @ 11:32 am

did you make the sweet chili sauce? or did you buy it, if so where and where ? thanks. x

• Pam replied: — August 9th, 2012 @ 2:49 pm

I did not make it. You can buy it in most grocery stores, including Trader Joe’s. It’s in the Asian food section. I hope this helps.

ruth — January 14, 2013 @ 4:35 pm

Added cream cheese to chicken mix.. yummm

Janelle` — January 14, 2013 @ 7:20 pm

If you did freeze them {I’d like to!} how would you re-heat them? Oven? Stove?

Thanks so much! Also. Where do you get your pot sticker wraps?

Lindsey — September 1, 2013 @ 1:50 pm

I just tried these and they’re a little dry. Wondering what I can do to make them more moist inside? Maybe adding cream cheese like Ruth said? Hmm..
    Thanks for the idea!

• Pam replied: — September 2nd, 2013 @ 3:44 pm

I bet the cream cheese would make them moist and flavorful!

Andrea Bader — April 16, 2014 @ 2:31 pm

I made these last night with leftover smoked pork, they were awesome! I did add some fresh grated ginger and my whole family ate all 50 of them in one night. Great recipe. Thanks for posting.