Zucchini Bread

My amazing neighbor Jack has been giving me loads of fresh zucchini from his beautiful garden. We love zucchini bread so my kids and I decided to make a couple of loaves. This was my best batch of zucchini bread I have ever made. It was perfectly cooked – extra moist and tender and tasted so great. I loved the spice flavor as well as the crunchy texture from the walnuts. My kids did a great job and we had so much fun together. Baking is a wonderful way to spend time with them.

• 3 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 cup of vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cup of white sugar
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3 cups of grated zucchini
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans or coat with cooking spray. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Add the cinnamon and nutmeg and mix thoroughly. Beat together, oil, eggs,white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Add flour mixture to the creamy mixture and mix well. Gently add the zucchini and walnuts until well combined. Pour into greased bread pans and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a knife is inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for a few minutes moving to a rack. Enjoy.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

20 Responses to “Zucchini Bread”

Cheryl — August 11, 2008 @ 4:37 pm

That was the best Zucchini bread I have ever had!

Giff — August 11, 2008 @ 4:42 pm

the kind of recipe that might actually get me to bake!

Marjie — August 11, 2008 @ 9:04 pm

I love zucchini bread. Tried zucchini cookies once, but I wasn’t so crazy about those…

Paula — August 12, 2008 @ 12:01 am

Oh Pam, this looks great! I bet the cinnamon and brown sugar really kicked in to flavor the zucchini! How wonderful, too, that your kidlin’s prepared this with you! I need to do a better job of including mine in kitchen creations. Oh man, I really want a slice of this. Make that a loaf!

Jeanine — August 12, 2008 @ 12:12 am

Those loves look amazing! Wonderful job! :)

Manggy — August 12, 2008 @ 1:14 am

Would you believe I’ve never had zucchini bread before? I always kind of think it’s going to be a savory bread like traditional Southern cornbread or something…. Weird :) But what you’ve made here does look very good indeed! I may have to make one one of these days!

Brilynn — August 12, 2008 @ 3:09 am

I’m sure your neighbour is happy to have someone to give their excess zucchini to. I always love the beginning of zucchini season, but by the end of it I’m ready not to see them again for a while. The bread looks great though, it’s always a favourite, especially with cocoa in it!

Lisa — August 12, 2008 @ 3:21 am

I have been wanting to make zucchini bread and this makes me want it more.

Jan — August 12, 2008 @ 3:49 am

I confess zucchini bread is a new one on me, I’ve never heard of it, much less tried it. I’m learning all the time. :-) Looks great, Pam.

Jan — August 12, 2008 @ 3:50 am

P.S. Nice plate!

Grace — August 12, 2008 @ 8:21 am

hooray for baking with kids, hooray for gifts from the garden, and hip hip hooray for zucchini bread–i love it! i also love the amount of cinnamon in your bread–very appropriate. :)

Tom Aarons — August 12, 2008 @ 8:51 am

Wow. This is a new one on me, too. But your photos make it look so delicious I’m going to have to try it!

Regina — August 12, 2008 @ 5:11 pm

Lovely! I’ll try this recipe next time I get my hands on some zucchini.

Elle — August 12, 2008 @ 6:05 pm

Beautiful breads! And a great way to spend time with your kids, too.

BryanieC — August 13, 2008 @ 2:29 pm

I grew up loving zucchini bread, which was made for me by my elderly neighbor. I recently have been on the hunt for her recipe, which wasn’t a sweet bread. It was basically a cornbread with zucchini, and it was delicate, moist, and delicious.

Have you ever seen such a version of zucchini bread?

Pam — August 13, 2008 @ 4:23 pm

BryanieC,

I have never had a savory zucchini bread but it sounds delicious. Try this sweet version – I think you will love it.

Maria — August 13, 2008 @ 5:52 pm

I just made zucchini bread too! It was a nice treat! I see that you included brown sugar too. It makes the bread so much better!

Joy — August 21, 2008 @ 3:35 pm

P- My friend just made this and brought me a piece so I could try it. It was so yummy and moist. Both Megan and Madison gobbled it up so I only got a couple bites, but it was delicious! I think you are awesome; but you already knew that! :)

Kaisa-Maria — July 4, 2012 @ 7:03 am

Just made one and added shredded apple into it! Can’t wait it to cool down

zucchini bread « Recipes Remembered — September 16, 2012 @ 1:43 am

[...] For the Love of Cooking Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this. Tagged quick bread, [...]