Everyone has a recipe for a tuna sandwich. The key to my sandwich is the sweet or dill pickles and a bit of pickle juice. It makes the sandwich pop with flavor & prevents it from being dry. I also love to add chunks of pickle and onion for the crunch factor. Simple, quick, delicious.
- 1 can of white tuna fish, in water, drained
- 2 tsp pickle juice (sweet or dill)
- 2 tbsp pickle, chopped (sweet or dill)
- 1 tbsp sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- Dash of dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce, chopped
- Tomato slices
- Whole wheat bread
Combine tuna, pickle juice, onion, pickle chunks, mayonnaise, onion, dry mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl; mix thoroughly then spread on a piece of bread. Add tomato slices and lettuce and top with another piece of bread. Enjoy!