Okay, so I love this dip but it is so fattening. I decided to make my own version & it turned out great. It was full of flavor but not terribly rich. It was a nice appetizer & vanished quickly.
- 1 14 oz can of artichoke hearts (rinsed & drained)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4-1/2 jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1-2 tbsp mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 seeded (or plain) baguette, sliced into thin slices
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine artichokes, lemon, garlic, 1/4 cup Parmesan, mozzarella, mayonnaise, salt & pepper. Use an immersion blender to thoroughly mix ingredients. Place in a baking dish & sprinkle the top with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Spray each slice of baguette & place on a baking tray. Place in the oven 5 minutes before the dip is finished cooking. Enjoy.