I found some whole wheat pizza dough at my local Trader Joe’s & decided to give it a try. This was a wonderful, crispy & delicious pizza… it was a big hit with all of us (especially the kids). I will be making my own pizzas from now on! Really easy, much healthier & so tasty.
- 16 oz prepared pizza dough (I used whole wheat & it was amazing)
- 1/2 cup of pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Turkey pepperoni (as much as desired)
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms, sliced very thin
- 1-2 tbsp sweet yellow onion, sliced very thin
- Fresh pineapple cut into small chunks (or canned pineapple tidbits)
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, crushed (reminds me of my favorite Louie’s Pizza)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
Let the dough sit on a floured surface for 20 minutes before rolling it out.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Roll the dough into whatever shape & size of pizza you desire. Place on a round or square baking tray coated with cooking spray. Spread sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, pineapple, fennel seeds, basil & Parmesan cheese on top. Cook for 10-14 minutes until desired crispiness. Remove from oven add fresh parsley. Enjoy.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe - For the Love of Cooking.net