Snickerdoodle Cookies

These are my favorite cookies! I love the flavor of cinnamon and can’t get enough of it. Be careful because these are addictive! This is a great treat that my whole family loves.

• 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
  • 2 3/4 cups flour
  • 2 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer until mixed thoroughly (it should be nice and creamy). Next, add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt – blend well. Shape into 1 1/4 inch balls.

• 1/4 cup of white sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon

Mix sugar and cinnamon together thoroughly. Roll balls in the sugar/cinnamon mixture until covered. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!

Click here for printable recipe - For the Love of Cooking.net

10 Responses to “Snickerdoodle Cookies”

Sarah — April 24, 2008 @ 11:29 am

Snickerdoodles are my all time favorite cookie! I haven’t made them in a while…your yummy picture is going to send me into the kitchen to make them soon!

Sindy — April 24, 2008 @ 12:32 pm

I had to link to your blog (although I don’t need a recipe for snickerdoodles) because I have to check out the blog of anyone who professes snickerdoodle love!

Here are a couple of recipes you may or may not have already seen but as a fellow snickerdoodle lover I wanted to share them with you. If you have already seen these recipes disregard if not …ENJOY!

http://

RecipeGirl — April 24, 2008 @ 1:09 pm

Snickerdoodles have ALWAYS been my absolute favorite- ever since I was a kid. I think I could down about a dozen of them dunked in a tall glass of milk (if no one was looking!)

Last fall I made Maple Snickerdoodles. They were good, but just not as good as the original!

Marc @ norecipes — April 24, 2008 @ 1:46 pm

Ohhh yummm! I love these things. Problem is some of the dough doesn’t make it to the pan. Then some of the cookies don’t make it to the wire rack to cool. By the time I plate them, I have about half the number of cookies I’m supposed to.

Katy — April 24, 2008 @ 1:46 pm

My fiance loves snickerdoodles more than any other cookie in the world, so I make them all the time. Our recipes are very similar! I use 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup crisco (gross, I know, but he loves them) and substitute lemon juice for the cream of tartar. Yum!

Tarah — April 24, 2008 @ 2:56 pm

Mmm, Snickerdoodles are my all time fave!

Patricia Scarpin — April 24, 2008 @ 3:21 pm

I’m crazy about snickerdoodles – these look great!

Deborah — April 24, 2008 @ 6:03 pm

Snickerdoodles are a household favorite here. Yum!

Jen — May 29, 2008 @ 3:59 am

These turned out perfect. My husband loves them and I am hoping they will be a big success at a play group with the kiddos tomorrow.

diana — April 7, 2012 @ 6:05 am

hi! i’m from romania! today i made this cookies and they are yummmyyy!!! thanks for the recipe! greetings from romania!